Карта сайта
Размер шрифта
A A A
Контрастная версия
A A

Historical Note

Print

Historical Note


Election of deputies to the Kaliningrad Regional Duma of the first convocation held in accordance with the Regulations of the elections to the Regional Duma of the Kaliningrad Region, approved by the head of the regional administration on January 24, 1994 № 14. The majoritarian electoral system (21 single-member constituencies) was used. Election of deputies to the Regional Duma of the second convocation held in accordance with the Charter (the Fundamental Law) of the Kaliningrad region and the Law of the Kaliningrad region of September 27, 1995 № 22 "On Elections of Deputies of the Kaliningrad Regional Duma". The mixed electoral system (27 single-member constituencies and one all-region constituency according to the lists of electoral blocs and alliances - 5 mandates) was used. Election of deputies to the Regional Duma of the third convocation held in accordance with the Charter (the Fundamental Law) of the Kaliningrad region, the Laws of the Kaliningrad region of September 27, 1995 № 22 and of July 8, 2003 № 286 "On Election of Deputies to the Kaliningrad Regional Duma". The mixed electoral system (27 single-member constituencies and one all-region constituency according to the lists of electoral blocs and alliances - 5 mandates) was used. Election of deputies to the Regional Duma of the fourth convocation held in accordance with the Charter (the Fundamental Law) of the Kaliningrad Region, the Kaliningrad Region Law of July 8, 2003 № 286 "On Election of Deputies to the Kaliningrad Regional Duma". The mixed electoral system (20 single-member and multimember constituencies and one all-region constituency according to the lists of electoral blocs and alliances - 20 mandates).

The Kaliningrad Regional Duma of the fifth convocation is formed of 40 deputies. Out of this number 20 deputies were elected in single-mandate election constituencies, other 20 deputies – in the general regional constituency in the structure of all-regional lists of electoral associations.


The Charter (the Fundamental Law) of the Kaliningrad Region as amended by the Law of the Kaliningrad Region of March 31, 2005 № 520 determines that the Kaliningrad Regional Duma consists of 40 deputies. In accordance with this provision of the Charter the Law of the Kaliningrad Region of July 8, 2003 № 286 "On Election of Deputies to the Kaliningrad Regional Duma" provides that 20 deputies are elected in single-member and multi-member constituencies and 20 deputies are elected in the general regional constituency in the structure of all-regional lists of electoral associations.


Election of deputies to the Regional Duma of the first convocation held on March 27, 1994 for a term of 2 years; the second convocation — on October 6, 1996 for a term of 4 years; the third convocation — on November 5, 2000 for a term of 5,5 years; the fourth convocation — on March 12, 2006; the fifth convocation - March 13, 2011 for a term of 5 years.


The Unified Election Day was determined by the Federal Law "On Amendments to Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation on election and referenda and other legislative acts of the Russian Federation" of July 21, 2005 № 93-FL. In this regard the Kaliningrad Regional Duma of the third convocation exercised the powers 5.5 years.


Valery Ustyugov was elected as Chairman of the Kaliningrad Regional Duma of the first and second convocations, Vladimir Nikitin – of the third convocation, Sergey Bulychev – of the fourth convocation. Marina Orgeeva became Chaiwoman of the Kaliningrad Regional Duma of the fifth convocation.


The building which the Kaliningrad Regional Duma hosts today was constructed in the late 1930s - early 1940s, and by Kaliningrad standards it is considered to be a relatively young construction. There are several versions of its use until 1945. The most plausible of them was offered by regional archive worker A.Bakhtin. He believes that the building at Bethovenshtrasse 17/19 judging by from the German address books housed the East Prussian Land Employment Service. Another version having no documented reasons but being of interest suggests that there was a gambling house during the years of war. Finally, according the last version there was a dwelling house. The house was hardly built as a dwelling (no corresponding technical equipment), but it is likely that in a half-ruined town at the last year of the war any more or less undamaged structure was used as a dwelling. The spacious building on Beethoven street by happy coincidence remained intact and soon after the end of hostilities began to be used for administrative purposes.


Initially there was a city police department. Due to its abolition at the end of September 1947 the Regional Committee Bureau of the All-Union Communist Party of Bolsheviks made the Kaliningrad City Council decide an issue concerning the delivery of the building on Beethoven street to the disposal of the Regional Party courses. Directions were performed quickly at that time and the courses started work at the end of 1947. Education for all party workers was obligatory. Thus, the Bureau of the Regional Committee in 1948 decided to establish for its workers two free evenings a week for study and in this regard it was allowed to finish the work even at 6 pm!


Since the late 1950s the building has become a Regional House of Political Education. There were organized lectures and reports, seminars and consultations for propagandists and agitators, as well as retraining courses for Party and Soviet workers. In addition an evening tuition university of Marxism-Leninism and a consulting office of the extra-mural Higher Party School. It is worth noting that many of today's workers of the house on Kirov Street 17 have passed through these educational institutions.

A renovation project of the building was approved in 1966 (its author became E. Popov, an architect of the "Kaliningradgrazhdanproekt"). The project included extension of a lecture hall for 450 seats. The hall equipped with "the latest advances in technology - an unusual luminous ceiling" was put into operation in 1970. As a result, the total area of the building has increased to 4,000 sq.m.


In 1991, after the August putsch, the building and property located therein were handed over to the Regional Administration. For some time it was used by various organizations including the Development Centre of the FEZ "Yantar". Then, in 1993 Russian diplomats started work in the building on Kirova street 17 (Resolution on the organization of the RF Foreign Ministry Representative in the Kaliningrad Region was adopted a year earlier). Since the spring of 1994 local legislators, members of the Kaliningrad Regional Duma - the supreme legislative (representative) body of the Kaliningrad region, have been working here.

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/bitrix/www/bitrix/modules/main/include/main_epilog.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/bitrix/www/bitrix/modules/main/include/epilog.php on line 2